Take a shower immediately after exercising or activities under the sun to make you sweat because sweat can lead to outbreaks. Also stress, so it is important to control the nerves.
Millions of people suffer from a skin condition called eczema, which is presented as dry red patches, some itching and often regress when the atmosphere is humid or hot or when the skin is exposed to sunlight. It can appear anywhere body and summer worse by chlorine in swimming pools, for example.
What is Eczema, What to know?
This problem is very common, more than you think. Between 15 and 30% of children in industrialized countries suffer and 2 to 10% in adults. Fortunately, two-thirds of those affected the condition resolved soon. The scientific name or eczema or eczema physician is atopic dermatitis and reflects the character immune disease. It is more common in people living in the city than in the countryside, since one of the assumptions of their appearance is related to hygiene or exposure to infectious agents. It is not contagious and those who have celiac disease (gluten intolerance) are more likely to suffer it .
It is often related to eczema with itching, but be careful with this issue as it worsens the situation and exposes the skin to various infections. Scratching only bring relief for the moment, but later the picture worsens.
Still they have not been found cures for eczema accurate, but outbreaks may always be minimized and even prevented. It is good to know that the skin when it is “normal” is equal to an effective barrier against pollution and other environmental substances. In the case of eczema, dermis has an alteration that allows “enter” to allergens such as mites, pollen, smog, etc. This results in dryness, itching, swelling and patches, often confused with the symptoms of psoriasis.
HOW TO REMOVE ECZEMA
At present, to treat eczema what is done is to reduce inflammation, moisture loss and the proliferation of bacteria in the area. Doctors prescribe moisturizing creams or moisturizers should be applied after bathing so that water is retained.
They are not needed products too expensive to treat eczema, however, it must be correct and do not bring side effects like increased irritation or redness. Always consult with your dermatologist, because you may be able to prescribe an antihistamine.
As perspiration and sweat can generate outbreaks, it is always good to bathe immediately after exercise or an activity under the sun. The stress can lead to seizures in the skin, so reducing nerve is very useful.
In some cases, the disease appears as a cause of allergies to certain foods, such as dairy, nuts or eggs . It can be caused by contact with detergents or harsh cleaners (such as bleach), to be in contact with water all day, too much sun exposure, etc.
Tips to relieve the symptoms of eczema
Consider these tips to treat or alleviate problems related to eczema skin:
- Do not come into contact with detergent when washing dishes: Use latex gloves also to mop the floor. The same if you make hand washing clothes or if you use bleach to disinfect. You can also get hypoallergenic detergents and stop using items such as towels that have been washed with the above product.
- Always opt for short showers instead of long baths: The skin needs hydration when eczema, but hot water aggravates the problem. Warm water and little better. Dry the area with small strokes, not rub, because then the picture will be worse.
- Avoid all kinds of soaps with fragrances: Just as shower gels, because they can cause allergies. Always wear hypoallergenic and moderately products, is that the affected skin does not take shampoo or conditioner contact.
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized: Otherwise, there will eczema. Hypoallergenic lotions applied several times per day. If you leave the house, carrying a small jar or pot in your purse or wallet.
- Controls itching with counter medications or ointments home.: Do not scratch because that prevents the healing of inflamed skin. You can also make it to expand to other parts of the body. Use creams “heavy” overnight to promote healing.