You know that part of the Bible where David said let’s go into the house of the lord?…that’s not the case for me. Mine is that I rejoice when I discover that a lot of people wants to help the motherless babies and orphans.
Some wants to visit them to celebrate their birthday while some will spend this Christmas with them, making them happy and most importantly, showing them that they are not a lesser human being. They can have dreams, aspirations, goals and achieve them
This is what has made me to update the list because there’s more motherless babies and orphanage home since this post was written, so be rest assured that this list is current and the information are genuine.
There is this feeling of contentment and accomplishment whenever one visits or donate money to charity. Always remember that whatever you do to the least of your brethren, that you do unto God.
Have you ever been to an orphanage home? It is worth visiting, maybe that would make you value your kids and parents more. Always remember that no good deed towards your fellow human being or even animal ever goes un-noticed or not rewarded for either in cash or in kind, now or in future.
There are many who disguise by using various charity organizations to manipulate and dupe many innocent victims. Just to be double sure of which charity organization or better put NGOs (Non-governmental Organizations) and how to donate or pay visits to these motherless and orphanage homes, here are the genuine and registered orphanage homes with their contact addresses In Lagos, Nigeria in no particular order.
Kindly make out time to spend with these motherless babies and orphans, they need our attention, love, and care.
Popular Motherless Babies & orphanage homes in Lagos
Before going into the full list, let’s take a look at the most popular ones of the motherless babies and orphanages homes.
1. Little Saints Orphanage
This a reference point when it comes to orphanages in the country. The centre was established in 1994 and has grown since inception into four branches spread across Lagos. Often times, couples looking to adopt children find Little Saints as an excellent place for adoption. In fact, it is a well known fact that all their babies at the orphanage are often adopted within a few months.
2. Heart of Gold Children’s Hospice
This is another unique centre of care for not only orphans but children with special needs. The centre was established in 1990.
3. Living Fountain Orphanage
This orphanage was founded by Lady Betty Obieri. The centre provides support to disadvantaged children not just in Lagos but all around the world.
4. SOS Children Home
This is another humanitarian centre that provides family based care, strengthening programme and education to disadvantaged children. SOS works with individuals and organization to sponsor children, families and even villages.
5. Love Home Orphanage
This orphanage is product of the Real Woman Foundation which was founded by Nike Adeyemi as a result of her passion to transform the lives of girls in the community. The orphanage caters for abused and abandoned children and enables these children get quality education while reintegrating them into the society.
6. House of Mercy Children’s Home
This home was founded in 2006 with the aim of assisting boys and girls living under the Adeniji Adele Bridge in Lagos. These children were provided with free meals, clothing, drugs and counseling by the foundation. However, the centre has since expanded its outreach to meet the needs of homeless children in other parts of Lagos. In fact, House of Mercy has gone on to set up homes for homeless boys and girls and the centre also distributes insecticide-treated nets to needy and vulnerable children in Lagos.
List of Motherless Babies and Orphanage Homes In Lagos, Their Contact Addresses & Phone Number
- ARROWS OF GOD ORPHANAGE: Ira Nla Road, Oke-Ira Nla, Ajah, Lagos. Phone Number: 08062456446 or 08032054099
- COMPASSIONATE ORPHANAGE:6, Ijaiye Street, Greenland Estate, Km 2, Isheri-Igando Road, Igando, Lagos. Phone Number: 08033021313, Web: https://www.compassionateorphanage.org/
- CITADEL OF GRACE MISSION :3, Moses Edike Street, Off Omo Ariyo Street, Olowo Ila Bus Stop, LASU-Igando Road, Igando, Lagos. Phone Number:
08056583224 ,Web: http://citadelofgraceorphanage.org/
- HEARTS OF GOLD CHILDREN’S HOSPICE: 37, Adebola Street, Off Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, Lagos. Web: https://hoghospice.org/, Phone Number: 08033184840, 08055401244
- HERITAGE HOMES ORPHANAGE: 45, Faramobi Ajike Street, Anthony, Lagos. Phone Number: 08024960039
- LAGOS STATE MOTHERLESS BABIES’ HOME: 1, Kenneth Agbakuru Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
- LITTLE SAINTS’ ORPHANAGE: Strong Tower House, 6b, D’Alberto Road, Palmgrove Estate. Web: https://www.littlesaintsorphanages.org/ Phone Number: 08033024066, 08023044841, 08075489009
- LOVE HOME ORPHANAGE: 7b, Jubilee Road, Magodo GRA, Lagos. Phone Number: 08037178963
- NIGERIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY MOTHERLESS BABIES’ HOME: 2, Makoko Road, Adekunle, Yaba. Phone Number: 08023310969 Web: https://redcrosslagos.org/motherless-babies-home/
- S.O.S CHILDREN’S HOME: Isolo Road, Isolo, Lagos. Web: https://www.sos-childrensvillages.org/where-we-help/africa/nigeria/isolo Phone Number:
- TUNJI ADEBAYO MOTHERLESS BABIES’ HOME: Tunji Adebayo Close, Fagba, Iju Road, Iju, Lagos. Phone Number: 09068415963,
08111157235 Web: http://tafng.org/orphanage/
- LITTLE ANGELS’ ORPHANAGE: 1a, M. A. Oke Str., Isheri-Iyana Iba Road, Opposite Diamond Estate, Isheri, Lagos State. Phone Number: 08033024066, 08023044841, 08075489009
- CENTRE FOR DESTITUTES’ EMPOWERMENT: 8, Makanjuola Close, Idimu, Lagos State. Phone Number: 08028296106, 08103498813. Web: https://destituteintl.org
- PRECIOUS PEARLS ORPHANAGE – 1b,
RamoniOwoyemi Str., Orelope, Egbeda, Lagos State.
- LIVING FOUNTAIN ORPHANAGE: Plot 22, Yusuf Abiodun Way, Victoria Island, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
- Worldwide Charity Organization: Block B Suite 17, Iyana Ejigbo Shopping Plaza, Orilowo, Ejigbo, Oshodi Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria
- PINKYBOLAR: 322A, Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- SOUGHT AFTER WOMEN AND CHILDREN FOUNDATION: 3, Alhaja Ronke Aiku Close, Owode-Addo, Langbasa, Lekki, Ajah, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- HEAL THE WORLD MISSION: 1, Akinyode Avenue, Anisere Oko Filling, Alagbado, Alimosho, Lagos, Nigeria
- GODS MIND ORPHANAGE HOME: Ile Meta Bus Stop, Ijegun, Ikotun, Alimosho, Lagos, Nigeria
- THE HOME OF GODS GRACE: Ikorodu-Ijebuode Road, Agbowa, Epe, Lagos, Nigeria
- THE HOME OF GODS GRACE: 24, Olowu Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGE NIGERIA: 35, Ogunmefun Street, Pedro, Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria
- CHOSEN CHILD ORPHANAGE AND CARE CENTRE: 22, Alhaji Olubuade Street, Amukoko, Ajeromi Ifelodun, Lagos, Nigeria
- HELPING HANDS AFRICAN CHILDREN FOUNDATION